Frittata is a fluffy egg based dish very popular in Italy. You can have it hot or cold, and it is a great lunch idea for the office!
You can enrich it with all the vegetables or meat you want, but my favourite version is with potatoes!
- Large eggs, 6
- Potatoes, 500g or vegetables like carrots, peas, sweetcorn
- Grated parmesan, 70 g
- Grated pecorino, 30 g
- Rapeseed oil
- Boil the potatoes and once they are cooked drain them and let them to cool
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in slices or squares of 0,5 – 1 cm
- If you want to use the other vegetable options, boil the carrots and peas and let them warm up
- Break the eggs and whisk them with parmesan and pecorino
- Add a teaspoon of salt and one of pepper
- Add the potatoes or the vegetables
- Warm some oil in a pan (the pan has to be covered in oil)
- Add the mixture in the pan and cook it at low-medium temperature for 10 minutes, putting a lid on it
- When the base of the frittata Is solid you can cook the other side reversing it using the lid (the upper part shouldn’t be totally liquid, if it is you will have to wait until a little bit solid)
- Cook the other side for 5-10 minutes
Top tip: If you don’t want to fry it, you can oven bake it. Put some oil or butter in a tray and leave the mixture cooking for 15-20 minutes at 180° with a fan assisted oven!