This recipe is a delicacy very common in Sicily. It has a very peculiar taste and appearance, and you either love or hate it!
I would suggest, for the first time, to ask your fisherman to help you out during the cleaning process, but if you feel confident you can just follow the steps below 🙂
- Squids, 2
- Tomato sauce, 200ml
- Tomato paste, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Spaghetti for 4 people
- White wine, 1 glass
- Clean the squid, peel it, take off the bone in the middle, cut the eyes and the middle part. Take the sachet containing the ink, being careful to not cut it (if you have a fisherman that can help you with this process, I would ask them the first time). Rinse well. Leave them to drain
- Cut the garlic very finely
- Put some oil in the pan and when it is warm add the garlic
- Cut the squid in slices
- Add the squid in the pan
- Add the wine and let it evaporate
- Add the tomato sauce
- In a mug, melt the tomato paste in with some warm water, then add it to the pan
- Add salt and pepper and let everything cook for 20 minutes
- In the meantime cook the spaghetti
- Break the sachet and add the ink, being careful to not stain your hands
- Mix until the sauce become black
- Add some parsley
- When the spaghetti are ready, drain them and put them in the black sauce, stirring until they become black
- Add some parsley to decorate!
I really hope you will try this recipe, I know it is very unusual but it might become your favourite dish!