I know, I know, Mondays are never easy…but pasta caprese surely is!
It is easy, quick, tasty, fresh, it has everything!
And it is a great lunch idea!
- Plum tomatoes, 10-15
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Olive oil
- Mozzarella (I prefer bufala)
- Basil leaves
- Pasta (I prefer fusilli)
- Wash the tomatoes and cut the little black spot on top
- Cut the garlic very finely
- Put the oil in a pan and when it is warm add the garlic
- Don’t let the garlic become golden, leave it just for a few minutes
- Cut the tomatoes in half and put them in the pan
- Leave them just for a few minutes, don’t make them become too wrinkly
- Add salt
- Cook the pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the mozzarella in squares
- When the pasta is cooked, put the pasta in the pan with the tomatoes, and stir for a few minutes
- Put the pasta in the plate
- Add the mozzarella, it doesn’t have to melt
- If you want, you can cut the basil very finely, otherwise you can just put the leaves on top of the pasta