This is the simplest recipe ever, I promise.
However, I sadly found out none of my friends in the UK ever had pasta with garlic, oil and chilli. They didn’t even know it it was a thing! Time to fix this unforgivable miss of one of the tastiest Italian recipes!
Ingredients for 2:
- Pasta (usually spaghetti but it is up you really) 160g
- Olive oil 40ml
- chilli 1 1/2
- garlic clove 1 1/2
- Peel and chop the garlic very finely
- Chop the chilli very finely, taking off the seeds
- Heat the oil but not too much
- Put the chilli in the oil and fry it a little bit (1 minute)
- Add the garlic in the oil and fry it a little bit – not too much, I turn the heat off the moment I see the garlic is getting slightly golden
- Cook the pasta
- Mix the pasta and the oil with chili and garlic, turn the heat on and stir everything just a little bit
If you want, for extra taste and crunchiness you can toast some breadcrumbs and put it on top of the pasta.
I told you it was easy! 🙂