This is an unusual recipe for this blog, it is not based on a traditional Italian dish but on a gorgeous vegetarian lunch I had in Iceland.
The combination of flavours and textures is just flawless, even if you are not a big fan of cauliflower I am sure you will love this recipe!
- One cauliflower
- One tin of canned chickpeas
- One small red onion
- Olive oil
- Almond flakes
- Wash the cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower in florets
- Cut the onion in small slices
- Put cauliflower, onion and chickpeas in one tray
- Add a generous amount of oil, salt, pepper, tumeric, paprika and spread everything evenly so that all cauliflower florets have a nice yellowish-orange colour
- Spread the vegetables evenly on the tray, trying to put the cauliflower on the edges and the onions and chickpeas in the centre
- Put in the oven, fan 200° for 20 minutes or until the edges of the florets are goldened
- Fry the almond flakes in a pan with some olive oil (I prefer to just toast them with no oil)
- When the vegetables are ready, take them out the oven and sprinkle the almond flakes on top of the vegetables