Pasta with pistachio pesto is one of my favourite dishes. It is tasty, rich and surprisingly easy!
Here is the recipe, I hope you love it as much as I do 🙂
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 150g of unsalted pistachios
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 spring onions (optional)
- Ham (optional)
- Pasta (farfalle, rigatoni, spaghetti, whatever you like) 240g
- Remove the pistachios from their shells
- Soak the pistachios in warm water for a couple of minutes
- Roughly remove the skin from the pistachios
- Using a mortar, mash the pistachios and add the oil until you get the texture you prefer (if you don’t have the mortar you can use a blender but be careful to not make it too creamy, you need some of the crunchiness from the pistachios!)
- Add salt and pepper as you like
You can leave the pesto this way and just add it to the pasta once it is cooked, but I have a little tip to make it even more tasty (you are welcome)!
6. Cut the spring onions in several slices
7. Put some olive oil in a sauce pan
8. When the oil is warm, add the spring onions
9. When the onions are soft (they don’t have to be goldened) add the ham and let everything cook until the ham is a little bit crunchy (if you are vegetarian, you can skip the step with the ham and just use the onions, it will still have an amazing taste)
10. Add the pistachio pesto to the pan with ham and onions and mix everything together
In the meantime, put some water in a pan and make it boil. When it is boiling, add a tablespoon of salt and your pasta. Add more salt if needed. When the pasta is al dente, drain it with a colander.
Mix the pasta with the pistachio pesto with onion and ham, and enjoy!